The New Orleans Children’s Chorus is delighted to present the 23nd annual Crescent City Choral Festival, which will be held in downtown New Orleans June 28-July 2, 2024. The festival offers young singers the opportunity to work with native New Orleans conductor Cheryl Dupont, guest artist and composer Tom Shelton, and sing with other choirs in one of America’s historic cities.
- Mass choir rehearsals with Tom Shelton and Cheryl Dupont
- Celebration concert in historic St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square or Immaculate Conception Church
- Individual performance on final concert (optional); other individual performance opportunities
- Post-concert celebration party on the Mississippi River
- Admission to the Aquarium of the Americas
- Dinner and Dancing Evening
- Free time to explore the Riverwalk, the Zoo, the French Quarter and other New Orleans attractions, and to dine on wonderful New Orleans cuisine
- Optional pre-festival concert
- Commissioned work by Tom Shelton to be premiered at the final concert
Who May Attend
All SATB or SAB choirs are eligible to attend the Mixed Choir track. School, community and church choirs are encouraged to apply. Any treble chorus is eligible to apply, whether it is a girls’ choir, boychoir or children’s choir – representing school, church or community.
Interested choirs should complete the application form and mail it with a CD or DVD and the $50 non-refundable application fee to the New Orleans Children’s Chorus. The audition recording must feature at least three selections from the 2021-22 or 2022-23 season, and must be accompanied by at least one program from the 2021-22 or 2022-23 season. The festival will have a rolling admission until all spaces are filled. Interested choirs are asked to apply early, as space is limited. Letters of acceptance will be issued within two weeks of application receipt. The $750 festival deposit and contract must be returned to NOCC within two weeks of receipt of festival acceptance. The preferred deadline is October 1, 2023. Applications received after October 1, 2023 will be accepted on a space available basis.