The New Orleans Children’s Chorus is delighted to present the 17th annual Crescent City Choral Festival, which will be held in downtown New Orleans June 24-June 28, 2016. The festival offers young singers the opportunity to work with native New Orleans conductor Cheryl Dupont and guest artist Sandra Snow, and composer-in-residence Andrea Ramsey, and sing with other choirs in one of America’s historic cities.
- Mass choir rehearsals with Sandra Snow and Cheryl Dupont
- Celebration concert in historic St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square
- Individual performance on final concert (optional); other individual performance opportunities
- Post-concert cruise on the Mississippi River
- Admission to the Aquarium of the Americas
- Dinner and Dancing Evening
- Free time to explore the Riverwalk, the Zoo, the French Quarter and other New Orleans attractions, and to dine on wonderful New Orleans cuisine
- Optional pre-festival
- Commissioned work by Andrea Ramsey to be premiered at the final concert.
Who May Attend
All SATB or SAB choirs are eligible to attend the Mixed Choir track. School, community and church choirs are encouraged to apply. Any treble chorus is eligible to apply, whether it is a girl’s choir, boy’s choir or children’s choir – representing school, church or community.
Interested choirs should complete the application form and mail it with a CD or DVD and the $50 non-refundable application fee to the New Orleans Children’s Chorus. The audition recording must feature at least three selections from the 2014-15 season, and must be accompanied by at least one program from the 2014-15 season. The festival will have a rolling admission until all spaces are filled. Letters of acceptance will be issued within two weeks of application receipt. The $750 festival deposit and contract must be returned to NOCC within two weeks of receipt of festival acceptance. The preferred deadline is October 15, 2015. Applications received after October 1, 2015 will be accepted on a space available basis.
Application Information Download the Application