The New Orleans Children’s Chorus is delighted to present the 13th annual Crescent City Choral Festival, which will be held in downtown New Orleans June 28- July 2, 2013. The festival offers young singers the opportunity to work with native New Orleans conductor Cheryl Dupont and guest artist Bob Chilcott, and sing with other choirs in one of America’s historic cities.
- Mass choir rehearsals with Paul Caldwell and Cheryl Dupont
- Celebration concert in historic St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square
- Individual performance on final concert (optional); other individual performance opportunities
- Post-concert cruise on the Mississippi River
- Admission to the Aquarium of the Americas
- Dinner and Cajun dancing at Michaul’s
- Free time to explore the Riverwalk, the Zoo, the French Quarter and other New Orleans attractions, and to dine on wonderful New Orleans cuisine
- Optional pre-festival
- Commissioned work by Paul Caldwell and Sean Ivory to be premiered at the final concert.
Who May Attend
All SATB or SAB choirs are eligible to attend the Mixed Choir track. School,community and church choirs are encouraged to apply. Any treble chorus is eligible to apply, whether it is a girl’s choir, boy’s choir or children’s choir – representing school, church or community. Age range should be between 10 and 18.
Interested choirs should complete the enclosed application form and mail it with a tape, CD or DVD and the $50 non-refundable application fee to the New Orleans Children’s Chorus. The audition recording must feature at least three selections from the 2010-11 season, and must be accompanied by at least one program from the 2010-11 season. The festival will have a rolling admission until all spaces are filled. Letters of acceptance will be issued within two weeks of application receipt. The $750 festival deposit and contract must be returned to NOCC within 2 weeks of receipt of festival acceptance. Applications received after October 1, 2012 will be accepted on a space available basis.
Application Information Download the Application